Khenpo Karma Tshering also accompanying Rinpoche in Perth will be making a meditation session tomorrow from 10 am – 12 noon at Drukpa Perth Centre, 15/58 Pollard Street, Glendalough.
Khenpo is a modern Buddhist Scholar and is known for his simple effective teaching. Meditation is a good way to balance our work and personal life and urge everyone to join the session.
Khenpo’s biodata is as follows:
Name: Karma Tshering
Date of Birth: 01-10-1971
Place of Birth: Punakha, Bhutan
1. Year of enrolment: 1978 – a novice monk, central monk Body, Punakha Dzong, Bhutan.
2. Primary in Buddhism: 1982 – 1985 – Dechen Phodrang Monastic School, Thimphu, Bhutan.
3. Higher Studies: 1986 – 1991 – Phajodhing and Tango Buddhist Institute – studies of Madiyamaka and degree of shastra (Bachelor of Arts- Buddhist literature)
4. further studies: 1992 – 1995 -full research and studies of Buddhist Philosophy, Dzongsar Institute, Bir, Himachal Pradesh, India Completed degree of Archariya (Equivalent to Masters of Arts) In the year 1995
5. Retreat and Meditation: To practice the preliminaries, (སྔོན་འགྲོ) guru sadhana, (བླ་སྒྲུབ) recitation practice, (བསྙེན་སྒྲུབ)
Mahamudra practice (ཕྱག་ཆེན) and Mahasandhi Great Perfection ༼རྫོགས་ཆེན་༽regardless on when.
Carrier & work Experience:
1. Principal at Sewala Buddhist institute for 8 years from 1996-2004
2. Write and edit some books
3. Member of the scriptures-restoration of Dratsang for 5 years 1999-2004 (གསུང་རབ་ཉམས་གསོ)
4. Member of Board of Examination of Dratsang for 8 years 1996-2004 (ཆོས་རྒྱུགས་ལྷན་ཚོགས)
5. Chairman of Happiness & well-being Buddhist association in Taiwan since 2014.
6. Dharma preaching within Bhutan and outside
Received Wang (Empowerment) Lung (Authorization & oral transmission) and Thri (Sacred instruction/teachings) of Drukpa Kargud and Nyingma Tradition from H.H Tenzin Dhendrup, H.H Gayduen Rinchen, H.H Trulku Jigme Choedra, H.E Drabi Lopen Lekshey Jamtsho. H.E Sengdra Truelku, H.E Khenchen Kuenga Wangchuk.
Please share this message with all your friends and peers.
Executive Committee ABPI.